Now is your chance to consider a career opportunity with New Benefits, Ltd., America’s leading wholesaler of discount medical, ID Theft Protection, legal, travel and leisure benefits! We have served associations, insurance companies, banks, credit unions, brokerage/consulting firms, insurance agencies, TPAs and employers since 1990. Thousands of clients and millions of members trust New Benefits to deliver exceptional products, customer service and unparalleled support.
Our office is conveniently located in the North Dallas area and we are looking for YOU to be a part of our continued growth and success. Dazzling customer service is our promise!
We offer a fun, business casual environment with a strong company culture focused on employee engagement and recognition. As a valued member of our family, the Web Editor is eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan including paid vacations and holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, voluntary dental, paid life insurance and a New Benefits discount card.
The Web Editor is responsible for researching, planning, writing, and editing creative and engaging web content to appeal to our audience. The Web Editor is also responsible for updating, developing, and creating custom storefronts for our marketplace.
- Create, produce and manage high-quality, valuable website content that attracts and interests the target audience utilizing best practices of generating traffic (SEO friendly)
- Build relationships with clients and team members
- Customize existing storefront templates to display products/services
- Create and edit themes to deliver visually appealing layout of content
- Boost organic rankings by adhering to SEO best practices
- Revise and optimize dated content using information gathered in SEO research
- Share content on social media and via email to boost awareness and engage with the audience
- Comply with copyright and privacy regulations
- Establish KPI’s to measure success of efforts and revise content based on website traffic.
- Produce and present reports of analyzed KPI’s
- Keep abreast with new trends in web technology
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 2 years of previous work experience as a Web Editor
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Strong research and salesmanship skills
- 4 years of experience with software such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- 4 years of experience with HTML, CSS, and Java Script
- Proficient experience utilizing Google Analytics and best SEO practices and tools to produce the best possible ROI
- Attention to detail
- Creative thinker and analytical problem solver
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of the special requirements of content rich writing
- BA in journalism, marketing, communications or similar relevant field
- Experience using a CMS or Design system preferred
- Experience using Virto eCommerce platform highly desirable
Core Competencies (F.L.I.I.P.):
- Flexibility – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment and adjusts effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements or cultures. Remains flexible in spite of adversity. Embraces change.
- Leadership – Facilitates a positive and productive team oriented environment. Provides open communication/feedback within the team. Builds collaboration to maintain productive teams. Treats people with honesty and respect. Maintains positive relationships with employees at all levels. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with clients, vendors and internal partners. Interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Innovation – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm and personal performance. Takes steps to improve processes and find better solutions. Champions quality work and proactively takes steps to correct errors or improve overall products/solutions. Drives continuous improvement. Demonstrates a willingness to change approach based on feedback.
- Integrity – Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal clients, partners, vendors and teams. Respond promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently. Recognize sense of urgency in responding to needs and follow up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
Reports to: Vice President-Marketing